Surely you want to prepare cannabis food and you have discovered that with cannabis butter, all green food can be incredible. So, you came to the right place because in this complete guide, we are going to teach you everything you need to know about cannabis butter. Before starting to make high-potency butter, we should be clear that marijuana must be decarboxylated at a low temperature.
What is decarboxylation?
Decarboxylating marijuana is a critical step in making cannabis butter. This process consists of slowing down the pot to convert the non-intoxicating cannabinoid acids into the cannabinoids that lovers of cannabis food enjoy so much. Due to this, the CBDA is transformed into CBD and for its part, the THCA passes into THC. When you smoke or vaporize, these transformations occur naturally due to the heat generated by combustion.
When you heat your marijuana buds in the oven, you make sure that it boils and stands out for its THC. Novice consumers should be careful when decarbing because the weed can be highly concentrated and hit harder than necessary.
Do you want to make the most powerful cannabis butter?
If you want to have a super potent cannabis butter, then you should follow the ideas and instructions below. To make this recipe, you will need between 3 and 4 hours. It is a simple way to make canna butter and if you have 1/8 of marijuana with 20% potency, you will get up to 700 mg of THC.
Ingredients for making cannabis butter
- 1 cup of butter
The amount to use will depend on how much cannabis butter you want to make.
- 1 cup (5-10 grams) of ground cannabis, decarboxylated.
It is important that cannabis is decarboxylated because it also gives a better flavor to the preparations.
Step by step to make the best cannabis butter
The herb must be decarboxylated. For this, proceed to grind your marijuana. Then, take the ground marijuana and spread it on top of the oven tray which should be covered at the bottom with parchment paper to prevent the marijuana from sticking.
You must preheat the oven to about 105º C or 220ºF. You must put the tray in the oven and leave it there for about 30 minutes.
Begin to melt the butter in a double boiler in a saucepan. At this time, the marijuana will be decarboxylating in the oven.
When the herb is ready, remove it from the oven and carefully pour the pot into the saucepan with the melted butter. You must stir well and carefully so the melted hot butter does not burn you.
In this step, you should keep the butter simmering for 45 minutes to 1 hour. It is important that you do this step calmly and always stirring the butter because this is when the flavors and aromas begin to mix with the butter.
Take the saucepan off the stove and begin carefully pouring the liquid butter into a bowl. To reactivate this, you must have a strainer to properly filter the butter. Make sure it is lined with gauze so that the filter is more intense and prevents certain impurities from remaining in the final cannabis butter product.
Gently spoon the strainer with the cloth and rub it in slowly. Avoid using excessive force so that particles or part of the weed remain in the butter. Filtering here is essential to ensure the delicious taste and rich texture of the cannabis butter.
This is the final step that tells you that your weed butter is ready to be consumed. You can keep it in the fridge for 2 months and it will keep for up to 6 months if you put it in the freezer. Always keep a safeguard and every so often take a look at the butter to ensure its good condition.
Tips to make a more powerful cannabis butter
- Look for a high potency herb from 18% THC and up because it will hit you more. Also, it is important to note that the original flavor of the weed is essential because if you have marijuana with lemon-type citrus or mango-type tropical fruit flavors, the final edible will have this flavor.
- If you want a relaxing experience without the classic cannabis high, you can select marijuana rich in CBD or CBG. In addition, the hemp varieties provide the same relaxing effect. This recommendation is ideal for those with low resistance to cannabis or who have never tried edible cannabis.
- Another factor that must be considered is the type of ganja with which the butter is prepared. It is not the same to use a sativa strain or an indica or a hybrid because the effects will be different and your body and mind will feel differently with the edibles that you prepare with that delicious cannabis butter.
Many people may not want to have a super powerful cannabis butter. Because of this, we are going to share some tips so that you can make a smoother final product. It should be noted that many times you will not need to have a super powerful cannabis butter because edibles hit much stronger than a marijuana joint or even more than an extract.
Tips to make a softer cannabutter
- Using hemp flower is a good option to make cannabutter and other softer edibles. We say this because this flower contains only 0.3% THC or even less.
- If you want to make a medicinal cannabutter, you can use flowers from medicinal cannabis plants. From the Blimburn Seeds bank catalog, we can recommend Mamba Negra CBD in feminized and autoflowering cannabis seeds version which contain only 5% THC and are rich in CBD with 5% of this medicinal compound. In addition, there is also the CBG Black Mamba in a feminized weed seed version. At this point, it should be noted that this version contains 0% THC and is 100% CBG, that is, pure cannabis medicine.
- Use pot with lower potency, meaning lower levels of THC. This allows you to make a smoother cannabis butter and edibles with a more bearable effect. For example, if you use an eighth of a flower with 15% THC with the recipe that we shared, you can get up to 375mg of THC per cup of butter or between 7.5mg – 8mg teaspoons. For this preparation, we recommend two delicious strains that you can find in autoflowering seed format. These varieties are Northern Light Auto which stands out for its THC levels that range from 10% – 14% and Orient Auto which has 12% – 15% THC.
- You can use a mixture of normal butter with your cannabis butter. This will help you lower the power of the canna butter and the edibles that you can make with this mixture. You can make 1:1 mixes, that is, 1 part cannabutter for 1 part normal butter. Also, you can take 1 part of cannabutter for 2 of butter without weed, or 1 part of cannabutter and add 3 of butter without THC.
- Another way to lower the potency of your cannabis butter is by skipping the step of decarboxylating the marijuana. Skipping this step allows the marijuana to go from THCA to THC to a lesser extent. You will also save time since you do not have to take this step in the preparation of your cannabutter.
What foods can I make with Cannabutter?
We are going to recommend 5 preparations that you can make with cannabutter. These edibles are designed for sweetness, rich flavors, and having a good time preparing the best cannabis food of your life.
1 – Orange Cannabutter Cake
This cake is filled with a delicious and fine grated orange mixed with the incredible cannabutter. The flavors are citrusy and refreshing, perfect for a summer afternoon with friends. So that your cannabutter orange cake feels moisturized on the palate, we recommend that you mix the dough before putting it in the oven. Wet it with a little previously sweetened orange juice to give it that fresh and moist touch.
If you want your Cannabutter Orange Cake to have a 100% orange essence, then we recommend using a strain such as Nikkie and Swami`s Tangie feminized if you want a high potency cake. On the other hand, if you want a softer cake with lower potency, we recommend autoflowering Tangie. These two versions have a sweet, fruity, and acid flavor which is why they will give you a unique sensation on the palate.
2 – Cannabutter Cheesecake
This is a delicious dessert that all families and friends love. That is why we could not fail to mention it in this top 5 of the best delicacies to make with cannabutter. If you make a Cannabutter Cheesecake, we recommend those with red fruits such as strawberries or blueberries because their sweetness will amaze you.
Aside from the rich flavor, this type of food is perfect for winter afternoons when you want to lie on the couch watching a movie or series, especially when you put cannabutter on it.
Blue Dream buds are perfect for making cannabutter that you can apply to your Cannabutter Cheesecake, so we recommend this mostly sativa strain from Blimburn Seeds bank as a feminized seed. The flavors of Blue Dream, from sweet berry to blueberry and mango are perfect for a Cannabutter Cheesecake with blueberries, strawberries, or red berries.
3 – Cannabutter cookies
Cannabis cookies are always welcome and weed fans never want to stop trying them. That is why we tell you that making cookies with cannabutter is a great option for cannabis pastry. Delicious chocolate, red fruit, or vanilla flavored cookies with cannabutter are perfect to end a day full of stress and high intensity. If you want to make these cannabutter cookies, we recommend varieties such as Wombat that stands out for its sweet flavor and refreshing tones of mildly acid Haze.
It is necessary to highlight that another perfect variety for Cannabutter Cookies is Gelato Fast Blooming because its buds are very sweet, giving off sour notes with earthy tones. Don’t miss out on preparing your best cannabutter with these two exquisite varieties that are in feminized and fast blooming versions only at Blimburn Seeds.
4 – Nutella cannabutter rolls
These rolls are amazing! They are filled with Nutella and you can make the dough with cannabutter. Also, you can fill the rolls with fruits such as strawberries, grapes, apple, berry, or blueberry, among others.
So, for these incredible Nutella cannabutter rolls, we are going to recommend varieties like Cherry Ak due to its incredible taste of cherry, citrus, and berry which will deliver that sweet touch that your cannabutter needs. Mango also stands out as an ideal strain for its unique, sweet, and mango flavor that will give your Nutella cannabutter rolls that fresh, refreshing, and tropical taste that you are surely looking for.
5 – Cannabutter Tart of fruits
If you want to give your cakes a different touch, you can use cannabutter for the doughs and an exquisite white cream for the filling plus some delicious fruits. You can choose a different variety of fruits according to how you like it and combine it with the cannautter to give an incredible touch to the dough. We want to guide you, so we are going to recommend our best strain for this wonderful cannabutter tart of fruits.
We have selected our Sweet Island which was developed together with Kyle`s Kushman. We recommend this strain for making your cannabutter. Sweet Island is characterized by its own flavor that has a taste of very sweet grapes with hints of skunk and fruits, giving it an incredible taste.
Finally, Dama Blanca is also an incredible strain to make your cannabutter for this fruit tart because its flavor is fruity and it has authentic notes of pineapple that are really delicious. We hope you enjoyed this tutorial. Now, throw everything into the kitchen to prepare the best cannabutter of your life!